Tuesday 28 October 2014

Welcome - to WhyWeight??

Hello and welcome to my new Blog!

If you are reading this it may be because you have concerns about your weight, your level of fitness, your standard of health, your physical (and possible mental) well-being and have decided therefore that it could be time to do something about it. If so, well done! You've come to the right place.

I first joined a gym over twenty years ago - back when I lived in the UK and when, on the brink of a divorce I decided to change something in my life. That was my first step to a healthier lifestyle and a fitter more energised me - it was as much a mental step as it was an emotional one at the time, because my life was in turmoil and I needed a release mechanism. Joining a gym was one of the best things I ever did, and I have never looked back!

My gym routine takes in five days a week Monday to Friday, and I have been doing this for so long now that this routine has become part of me, and its what I do to kick start my day. But that's just me, so please, don't get hung about about having to join a gym just to get in shape and start your journey to losing weight and getting fit, slim and trim. There is more to it than that as you probably know, but make no mistake, regular exercise is very much part of the equation, and, it doesn't have to be done in a gym either. Future Blog posts will talk more about this as we move forward.

Eating and drinking habits are also a vital part of the equation and go hand-in-hand with your exercise programme. You will have heard all the negative debate about 'junk-foods', foods that are bad for you, eating too much and drinking too much of the wrong foods and beverages. But, let me tell you this - there is no food that is bad for you! What is bad however, is the quantity and frequency with which you eat 'junk food' or those foods supposedly 'bad' for you! If you eat fried chicken, burgers, pies, pizza and bucket loads for carbonated soft drink every other day, then sure, this is bad for you and you're not going to live very long, but, if you only do it once every two, or three weeks or every month as a treat then there is no harm in that at all. Life is all about a healthy balance and this philosophy extends to food and drink too! There will also be more about nutritious, healthy, wholesome eating and drinking as part of a 'balanced' diet as we move forward.

Added to all of this is your mental and emotional approach to a new healthier, fitter, more energised you! Unless you have your eyes on the prize, and really want to get fit, have that determination and are truly committed to making it happen for you, your family, your loved ones and your significant others, then you are likely to fail! There will also be a more about this other important part of the equation as we move ahead.

Exciting times lay ahead - make a decision, get focused, be determined and make today the first day of the rest of your healthy, balanced, new life!

Oh, and for the record before we go any further - I am 51 years of age, weigh in at 73Kilos, I enjoy a beer and a wine (or two or three!) at the weekend after my four AFD's (Alcohol Free Days) each week, I'll eat a burger, pizza, chipped potatoes, a slice of banana bread from time to time, and have a large (skimmed milk) coffee every day down at the beach . . . but, that is all in balance with all the other good stuff I do!

Keep watching for more . . . soon!

WhyWeight - don't hesitate, participate, before it's too late!

-Steve, at WhyWeight-


No comments:

Post a Comment